GREEN LAKE, Wis. -- The Sabercats improved today, as they clocked their best team time in a 6K event this season. Five of the six MBU runners set season-best 6K marks, as the team looks to sharpen up for NCCAA Nationals in November. Anna Heins registered her fastest career 6K, as she finished in just over 28 minutes for a top-50 finish. Sierra John, Katie Jean Lingle, and Alicyn Wigdal were in the top five for MBU as well, and each of them set low marks for their 6K times this season.
The top five runners from Maranatha all finished within two minutes of each other, and Ana Hersch set her best time this season after missing last week's event due to sickness. All in all, it was a welcome step towards a strong showing at the season finale for MBU.
St. Norbert College won the event, as they totalled just 42 points as a team and had five of the top 10 runners. Edgewood's Taylor Mair was the first runner to cross the finish line, as she clocked in at 23:55.
- Event: Bethel Invitational
- Women's Finish: 9th/11 / 267 pts
- First Runner: Anna Heins - 49th - 28:09 (6K)
- Location: Green Lake, Wis. / Tuscumbia Golf Course
- Next: Friday, October 19 at Oshkosh Open
- 49th - Anna Heins (28:09)*
- 50th - Sierra John (28:24)*
- 53rd - Katie Jean Lingle (29:02)*
- 55th - Alicyn Wigdal (29:21)*
- 60th - Madelyn Hansel (30:06)
- 70th - Ana Hersch (38:25)*
*best 6K time this season
The Sabercats' final race before NCCAA Nationals will be the Oshkosh Open on Friday (October 19) at 1:00 p.m. in Winneconne, Wisconsin.