- Men's Team Finish: 1st of 3
- Men's Top Runner: Cameron Rankin - 2nd - 31:18.7 (8K)
- Women's Team Finish: 1st of 1
- Women's Top Runner: Madelyn Hansel - 3rd - 23:08 (5K)
- Venue: Faith Baptist Bible College
- Next Meet: Saturday, September 23, at Beloit College's Olde English Classic
Men's Top 5 Finishers
- 2nd - Cameron Rankin (31:18.7)
- 4th - Jeremiah Doak (32:56)
- 5th - Kurt Wagner (33:01.2)
- 6th - David Williams (33:49.2)
- 10th - Matthew Nutzhorn (34:42.1)
Women's Top 5 Finishers
- 3rd - Madelyn Hansel (23:08)
- 5th - Sarah Vander Pluym (23:58.7)
- 7th - Anna Heins (24:28.9)
- 12th - Lauryn Wigdal (26:57)
- 15th - Haly Hendricks (29:25.7)
ANKENY, Iowa. -- The Sabercats' Cross Country teams continued their season with an NCCAA meet in some warm conditions at Faith Baptist Bible College this morning. Cameron Rankin once again paced the Men's Team with a 31:18.7 time in the Men's 8K, and the Sabercats topped the field of 3 teams. In the Women's 5K, Madelyn Hansel led a full MBU squad - the only full squad in the field - with a 23:08 time and a 3rd-place finish.
The women began the day bright and early, as their 5K began at 8:30 a.m. Hansel crossed the line for her first career top-5 finish and Sarah Vander Pluym followed some 50 seconds later.
Anna Heins landed in the top 10 and qualified for NCCAA Nationals in her first attempt in MBU colors. The sophomore's time of 24:28.9 secured a 7th-place finish and a ticket to Mississippi. Wigdal, Hendricks, and Katheryn Marten (16th - 29:57) capped off the MBU squad.
The warm conditions got the better of most runners on the men's side, as the Sabercats struggled to improve their individual times from last weekend's Ken Weidt Classic. Rankin was once again the trendsetter for the men, and his time of 31:18 was just 22 seconds off of his time from 7 days ago. Joining Rankin in the top 5 were Doak and Wagner, and Wagner was one who shaved some seconds off of his time, as he ran a good 23 seconds faster than last week.
Williams cashed in for 6th place. His 33:49 time landed him a berth at the National Championships in November, and Nutzhorn's time of 34:42.1 was 44 seconds faster than last weekend.
The Sabercats' next meet will be next Saturday at Beloit College in Beloit, Wisconsin. Catch details of the event at mbusabercats.com/composite.