KENOSHA, Wis. - The Sabercats were efficient at the Lucian Rosa Invitational, as nine Men's Runners set personal records whilst five Women's runners notched their personal bests. Highlighting the day was Katie Holbrook who broke her own 6K record from two weeks ago to post a 24:13 time, which is the new Maranatha record in the event.
- Placement: Women - 8th of 12 | Men - 12th of 12
- Venue: Wayne E. Dannehl Nat'l Cross Country Course | Kenosha, Wis.
- Conditions: Clear, cool
- Top Runners: Katie Holbrook (35th) | Josh Kruit (122nd)
Highlights - Women
- Katie Holbrook was her typical squad-leading self on the day, as the third-year runner took the fullest advantage of the favorable conditions to set her PR (and the MBU record) by a full seven seconds. Holbrook finished 35th overall, and her 24:13 time translated into a 6:30/mile pace.
- Sarah Vander Pluym was the second Sabercat to clock a time, as the Whitewater native registered a 26:22 6K, which was her best time so far this season.Vander Pluym finished 90th in a field of 172 runners.
- Just a few seconds behind Vander Pluym was Kimberly Richerson, who set a career PR and finished 93rd with a 26:25.6 time.
- Other runners who set a personal record were Madelyn Hansel (29:11.9), Lauryn Wigdal (31:47.4), and Emily Moline (32:50.3)
Highlights - Men
- For the second consecutive week, the Sabercats boasted strong pack running, as their top five runners finished within 45 seconds of each other.
- Kruit was once again at the front with Cameron Rankin right on his heels. Both runners set their best time this season, as Kruit crossed the line with a 30:22.8 time while Rankin clocked in at 30:24.2.
- The Sabercats' top five runners remained the same, as Robert Kile (30:56.2 - PR), Rory Massey (31:07.1), and Kurt Wagner (31:07.2 - PR) rounded out the top finishes in PR style.
- Other PR's for the Men's Squad included Jeremiah Doak (31:27.7), Ethan Gillespie (33:53.4 - Qualified for NCCAA Nationals), Matthew Nutzhorn (34:12.8), James Rossiter (35:15.2), Ryan Gick (36:28.0), and Caleb Gillespie (43:14.4)
- The Lucian Rosa Invitational allowed both squads to preview the Wayne E. Dannehl National Cross Country Course, as the two squads will return there next weekend to compete in the Wisconsin Private College Championships hosted by Carthage College. The Men will run their 8K at 11:30 AM with the Women following with a 12:30 PM 6K.
- The meet will be held at Wayne E. Dannehl National Cross Country Course in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
More about MBU Athletics: The mission of the Athletic Department of Maranatha Baptist University is to develop leadership skills in the student-athlete through skilled training, godly mentoring, and intercollegiate competition.