MANITOWOC, Wis. -- The Sabercats made it eight straight wins against Holy Family College (formerly Silver Lake), taking down the Lakers tonight in straight sets.
Maranatha announced their intentions right from the first set, as they limited the hosts to just 11 points in the opening frame. The Sabercats turned half of their swings into kills, keeping the Lakers on their heels in the opener. From there, it was all smooth sailing for MBU, who kept the Lakers at bay over the final two sets. On the night, MBU had 35 kills off of 70 attacks, taking an easy win for their ninth of the season.
MBU Starters: 4- Hansel, 7- Janke, 9- Johnson, 10- Johnson, 12- Brimer, 17- Carpenter, 22- Ureke
- Result: Maranatha 3-0 Holy Family (25-11, 25-14, 25-13)
- Venue: UW-Manitowoc Fieldhouse
- Location: Manitowoc, Wis.
- Attendance: 41
- Record: MBU (9-2), HFC (1-13)
- Last time: Maranatha swept Silver Lake twice last year
- Series: Maranatha leads the all-time series 14-0
- Holy Family College is a member of the USCAA
- The Lakers' lone win this season came with a 3-2 win over Mount Mary
- The Lakers are now 0-4 against NCCAA DII opponents this season
The Sabercats will travel north to Finlandia University for an 11:00 a.m. (EDT) match tomorrow. Follow at mbusabercats.com/schedule.