WATERTOWN, Wis. -- The Sabercats showed their depth against Green Bay-Marinette (WJCAA), as every member of the squad played at least two sets in a 3-0 win over the junior college.
The Sabercats limited the Buccaneers to just 12 kills on the night, winning 25-11, 25-12, and 25-13 in the second home match of the season.
Claire Hansel led the way with 10 kills on the night and Karley Johnson was one dig shy of a double-double. Liberty Bailey made her debut, picking up a kill, and freshmen Caitrin Kemlo, Ellie Sopata, and Regina Anderson all made contributions to the straight-set win.
MBU Starters: 4- Hansel, 7- Janke, 9- Johnson, 10- Johnson, 12- Brimer, 17- Carpenter, 22- Ureke
- Result: Maranatha 3-0 Green Bay-Marinette (25-11, 25-12, 25-13)
- Venue: Maranatha Baptist University
- Location: Watertown, Wis.
- Attendance: 212
- Record: MBU (7-2), GBM (3-1)
- Hansel: has double-digit kills in all but two matches this season
- Jessica Ureke: 6 aces
- Gabrielle Carpenter, Karley: 4 aces each
- MBU: 29 K
- Series: Maranatha leads the all-time series 1-0
- Green Bay-Marinette competes in the Wisconsin Junior College Athletic Association
The Sabercats will travel to Beloit, Wisconsin for a 7:00 p.m. match on Tuesday with Beloit College. Follow at mbusabercats.com/schedule.