WATERTOWN, Wis. -- The Sabercats couldn't find their range today, as they fell 44-66 to Trinity International in the final game of the regular season.
Callie Morrison logged 19 points as Maranatha fell back to .500 for the season, and they will look to next weekend and NCCAA Regionals.
- Result: Maranatha 44-66 Trinity International
- Venue: Maranatha Baptist University
- Location: Watertown, Wis.
- Attendance: 98
- Records: MBU (8-8), TIU (10-10)
Trinity sped out in front in the first half while the Sabercats were flat, and the Trojans would eventually win the game while leading wire to wire. The Trojans out-rebounded Maranatha 28-17in the first half and scored 13 points off of eight MBU turnovers. At the other end, Maranatha only shot 20 percent from the field in the first half, and when they trailed 16-37 going into halftime, they knew they had some work to do.
The story really didn't change in the second half. The Trojans stayed in front and never let the Sabercats come close. Maranatha struggled with 19 turnovers that gave Trinity 24 points on the day, and the Trojans sent four of their starters into double digit points in the 22-point win.
Maranatha Starters: 3- C. Morrison, 4- Johnson, 5- Hansel, 25- K. Morrison, 32- Simpson // Trinity Starters: 10- Lopez, 11- Schebio, 20- Jahnke, 30- Gula, 35- Hibicke
- Morrison: 19 PTS, 8 REB, 3 STL
- Simpson: 8 PTS, 4 REB
- Katelyn Morrison: 7 PTS, 6 REB, 2 AST
- MBU: Shot 26.7 percent from the field
- Last time: The Trojans won 58-48 on January 18
- Series: Trinity now leads the all-time series 6-0
- Trinity International competes in Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference of the NAIA DI
- Trinity International is currently 5-7 in CCAC play
- Trinity International finished last season with an 18-13 record
The Sabercats have earned the #1 seed for the 2021 NCCAA North Region Women's Basketball Tournament next weekend at Faith Baptist Bible College in Ankeny, Iowa. Find details at mbusabercats.com/schedule.