DEERFIELD, Ill. -- For the second time in as many games, the Sabercats were held to fewer than 50 points, falling 48-58 at Trinity International.
- Result: Maranatha 48-58 Trinity International
- Venue: Van Dixhorn Arena, Trinity International University
- Location: Deerfield, Ill.
- Attendance: (closed doors)
- Records: MBU (3-6), TIU (3-6)
Trinity made it a rough day for Maranatha in the first half, holding the Blue and Gold to shooting 3-14 in both the first and the second quarters. Morrison had 10 points by halftime, but that accounted for over half of the Sabercats' scoring - after TIU scored 17 in the second quarter, they went into halftime ahead 26-17.
But the defensive battle gave way to a shootout in the second half, as both teams started to put more points on the board. Johnson put up all 13 of her points in the final 20 minutes and the Sabercats tried to find their rhythm, but Trinity was up to the task, holding off the Sabercats charge down the stretch. TIU held a 20-point lead in the early stages of the fourth, but the Sabercats could only get the margin down to 10 by the final horn.
Maranatha Starters: 3- C. Morrison, 4- Johnson, 5- Hansel, 25- K. Morrison, 32- Simpson // Trinity Starters: 10- Lopez, 11- Schebio, 20- Jahnke, 30- Gula, 35- Hibicke
- C. Morrison: 18 PTS, 10 REB
- Johnson: 13 PTS, 2 REB
- MBU: Shot 33.3 percent
- MBU: Held Trinity to shooting just 1-17 from distance
- Last time: The Trojans took home a 57-43 win in 2017
- Series: Trinity now leads the all-time series 6-0
- Trinity International competes in Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference of the NAIA
- Trinity International is currently 0-3 in CCAC play
- Trinity International finished last season with an 18-13 record
The Sabercats will travel to Lincoln Christian to play on Thursday at 5:00 p.m. behind closed doors. Find details at mbusabercats.com/schedule.