GREEN BAY, Wis. -- For the third time this season, there was simply no catching Jeremy Fopma.
The sophomore transfer matched his program-record 8K of 26:28 at today's event, winning the Wisconsin Private College Championships as the first individual runner.
St. Norbert College defended their home course with ease, finishing first as a team with a mere 34 points as they finished no worse than 11th as a group.
On the women's side, Katie Jean Lingle paced the squad with a personal-record time of 28:04 in the 6K, moving into the program Top 20 (18th) as the Sabercat Women finished 6th/8 while the men finished 7th/7. Behind Lingle, four other runners set PR's as well, as Sierra John, Abigail Doak, Taylor Ellis, and Abigail Shetter all ran the fastest 6K of their collegiate careers.
The St. Norbert Women's Cross Country Team made it a sweep for the Green Knights, edging Ripon College in terms of points, 36-44. Joyana Tarsa was the first one to cross the line, as she finished the 6K with a time of 24:10 - good enough for a per-mile pace of 6:32.
Find details for each meet as they are made available at mbusabercats.com/schedule.
- Event: Wisconsin Private College Championships
- Men's Finish: 7th of 7 / 148 points
- Team Time: ---
- First Runner: Jeremy Fopma - 1st - 26:28 (8K)
- Women's Finish: 6th of 8 / 163 points
- Team Time: ---
- First Runner: Katie Jean Lingle - 37th - 28:04 (6K)
- Location: Green Bay, Wis. / Enos Colburn Park
- Next: Friday, October 25 at Oshkosh Open
RESULTS (Men's 8K)
- 1st - Jeremy Fopma (26:28)
- 26th - Jordan Hoffmann (30:43)*
- 39th - Heath Holmes (34:43)
- 40th - Drew Smith (34:48)*
- 42nd - James Rossiter (36:26)
RESULTS (Women's 6K)
- 37th - Katie Jean Lingle (28:04)*
- 38th - Sierra John (28:13)*
- 42nd - Abigail Doak (29:19)*
- 46th - Taylor Ellis (29:47)*
- 61st - Abigail Shetter (32:13)*
- 74th - Haly Hendricks (37:00)
The Sabercats will turn their attention to this coming Friday and the Oshkosh Open. This will be the final tune-up before NCCAA Nationals on November 16. Find details at mbusabercats.com/schedule