GREEN LAKE, Wis. -- The Sabercats were up against the elements today, as they battled a slow course and cold weather at the Wisconsin Private College Championships.
Cameron Rankin led the way with a time of 29:23, which was a step back from his time at Bethel last week. Behind Rankin came David Williams, whose mark of 31:25 is his best this season. James Rossiter (34:31) and TJ Lacock (36:17) also set season-bests. All three of those runners are now within a minute of their PR's.
Beloit College's Daniel Arkes cut the tape with a time of 26:27, and Carroll University took home the state championship with a team score of 37 points. The next-closest competitor was a 79-point showing from Wisconsin Lutheran.
- Event: Wisconsin Private College Championships
- Men's Finish: 10th of 10 / 256 points
- First Runner: Cameron Rankin - 34th - 29:23 (8K)
- Location: Green Lake, Wis. / Tuscumbia Golf Course
- Next: Friday, October 19 at Oshkosh Open
- 34th - Cameron Rankin (29:23)
- 49th - David Williams (31:25)*
- 52nd - Jefferson Rupert (32:13)
- 60th - James Rossiter (34:31)*
- 61st - Drew Smith (35:43)
- (62nd) - TJ Lacock (36:17)*
*best time this season
The Sabercats will return north Friday to compete in the Oshkosh Open. The Men's 8K is scheduled to start at 1:45 p.m. in Winneconne, Wisconsin.