MEQUON, Wis. -- Cameron Rankin, Robert Kile, and David Williams all qualified for NCCAA Nationals at the season's first meet as the MBU Men's Cross Country Team finished in fourth place today at the Ken Weidt Classic.
The course was slow, as the rain-soaked grounds of the CUW campus inflated times across the board. The Sabercats bested a couple of NACC programs, as Lakeland University and Dominican finished fifth and sixth, respectively.
- Event: Ken Weidt Classic
- Men: 4th of 6 / 108 pts
- First Runner: Cameron Rankin - 7th - 30:00 (8K)
- Location: Mequon, Wis. / Concordia University-Wisconsin
- Next: Saturday, September 29 at Warrior Invitational
- 7th - Cameron Rankin (30:00)
- 17th - Robert Kile (31:20)
- 21st - David Williams (33:09)
- 30th - Drew Smith (36:46)
- 33rd - James Rossiter (39:12)
- (34th) - TJ Lacock (39:27)
The Sabercats have already qualified three of the maximum seven runners for the season finale. To qualify, runners must finish an official 8K event with a mark of 34:00 or better. Smith, Rossiter, and Lacock will look to cut their times to join the trio of qualifiers from today's event.