- Event: Oshkosh Open
- Men's Team Finish: 5th of 5
- Men's Top Runner: Cameron Rankin - 25th - 29:46 (8K)
- Women's Team Finish: 4th of 4
- Women's Top Runner: Sarah Vander Pluym - 9th -27:11 (6K)
- Venue: Lake Breeze Golf Club
- Next Meet: Saturday, November 11 at NCCAA Nationals
THE LEADERS - MEN
- 25th - Cameron Rankin - 29:46
- 29th - Jeremiah Doak - 30:52
- 31st - Kurt Wagner - 31:47
- 32nd - Jacob MacDonald - 32:38
- 33rd - David Williams - 32:45^
THE LEADERS - WOMEN
- 9th - Sarah Vander Pluym - 27:11
- 13th - Madelyn Hansel - 27:44
- 21st - Anna Heins - 31:03
- 23rd - Lauryn Wigdal - 32:52
- 26th - Katheryn Marten 35:31
WINNECONNE, Wis. -- In the Sabercats' final tune-up before Nationals, Sarah Vander Pluym broke into the top 10 at the Oshkosh Open hosted by UW-Oshkosh.
Vander Pluym, Hansel, and Heins all finished inside the top 25 on the women's side. The day yielded no records, personal or otherwise, for the top runners, as the team continues to ramp up their weekly training routine for the postseason.
Rankin once again set the pace for the men's squad. Rankin ran a sub-30 8K and was the only runner under the half-hour mark for the Sabercats.
Vander Pluym was once again under 28 minutes in the women's 6K, as she set a time of 27:11 - 15 seconds better than her mark last week.
The Sabercats will have 3 weeks to prepare for the season finale at NCCAA Nationals. The races will be held on Saturday, Nov. 11 at Choctaw Trails in Jackson, Mississippi. Catch the details at mbusabercats.com/composite.