WYOMING, Mich. -- The day after their season-opening win, the Sabercats faced a quick turnaround at Grace Christian University.
Maranatha conceded eight times against the NCCAA top-five team, taking a heavy loss on a rainy Michigan day.
- Result: Maranatha 0-8 Grace Christian
- Venue: Vetling Field, Grace Christian University
- Location: Wyoming, Mich.
- Attendance: ---
- Record: MBU (1-1-0), GCU (1-0-0)
Grace took 10 minutes to find the breakthrough, and they would add two more goals in the opening 20 minutes before making it a 5-0 lead into the halftime break.
Three goals early on in the second half were all the Tigers could muster, as the Sabercats shored up the holes in their defense to survive their second game in a 24-hour period.
MBU Starters: 1- Kinzler (C), 3- K. Elms, 4- Roer (C), 5- J. Elms, 9- Wright, 10- Schmidt, 11- Cummins, 12- Steuerwald (C), 21- Hansel, 22- Hugg, 23- Perkins
- Shot count: Grace 22-3 Maranatha
- Kyle Cummins: registered a shot on goal for MBU
- Debut: Matthew Holloway took over the goalkeeping duties for the last 10 minutes, marking his college debut
- Last time: Grace took home a 3-2 win from Watertown during the 2017 season
- Series: Maranatha now leads the all-time series 17-6-0
- Grace Christian competes in the NCCAA Mideast Region
- Grace Christian finished last season with a 16-5 record
- Grace Christian took a Top-4 finish last year at the NCCAA DII National Tournament
The Sabercats travel to the University of Northwestern (Minn.) for a 3:00 p.m. kickoff Thursday. Find gameday details at mbusabercats.com/schedule.