MILWAUKEE -- The Raiders of the Milwaukee School of Engineering called the shots tonight, winning 3-0 over MBU at Viets Field in downtown Milwaukee.
The loss leaves the Sabercats in search of their first win, as they fall to 0-5-0 for the 2018 season.
- Result: Maranatha 0-3 MSOE
- Venue: Viets Field, Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Location: Milwaukee
- Attendance: 110
- Records: MBU (0-5-0), MSOE (3-2-0)
Despite being outshot and outplayed, the Sabercats stayed tight on defense and forced MSOE to earn their chances. The breakthrough came in the 23rd minute when the Raiders executed a well-rehearsed play from a throw-in that resulted in an open shot for Joey Schauer. 1-0 Raiders.
Schauer went on to add his second goal of the game in the 41st minute when he pounced on a loose pass deep in the Sabercats' end. Schauer took a few touches to his left before finishing hard and low into the right corner to give the Raiders a two-goal lead entering halftime.
The third and final goal of the game came in the 54th minute when a hard-charging Lucas D'Amato blew by the Sabercats' defense on the left wing. D'Amato finished his run with a drilled finished into the right side-netting to give the Raiders their third and final goal of the night.
- Rade Novakovich: fired 11 shots; 8 on goal for MSOE
- Andrew Taylor: 11 saves on the night
- Josh Hockema: first career start
- Schauer: 2 goals
- Series: with tonight's win, MSOE leads the series, 27-14-3
- The Raiders compete in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference
- MSOE has reached the NACC Conference Championship three of the last four seasons
- The Raiders are yet to begin conference play
- MSOE is currently ranked #12 in the Midwest region (NCAA DIII)
The Sabercats will return home to take on Beloit on Saturday at 4:30 p.m. Find details of the game at mbusabercats.com/composite.