WATERTOWN, Wis. -- It was close last time, but the Silver Lake College Lakers were unstoppable tonight, taking away a wire-to-wire 16-point win from the MBU campus.
- Result: Maranatha 55-71 Silver Lake
- Venue: MBU Gymnasium
- Location: Watertown, Wis.
- Attendance: 147
- Records: MBU (10-9), SLC (8-18)
Things were sloppy at the start for Maranatha, as they allowed Silver Lake to build an 11-2 lead in an up-tempo first five minutes. MBU never fully recovered from that opening lapse, as the Lakers gradually increased their lead to 15 by the sound of the halftime horn.
The tempo of the game stayed up, but Silver Lake gradually increased their lead in what turned out to be an anticlimactic 40 minutes at MBU. MBU struggled with turnovers (13), and with shooting from the outside in the second half, going just 2-13 from beyond the arc. Adam Millican came off the bench to score nine points in the second half, but the relentless Lakers ended up with a wire-to-wire win, and the Sabercats will have a few things to sort out as they look forward to the postseason.
MBU Starters: 3-Book, 15-Lerma, 22-Sonnenberg, 23-Wilkerson, 35-Gill // SLC Starters: 11-Dean, Jr., 21-Walls, 22-Bullock, 23-Cantre, 30-Lloyd
- Book: has registered double-digit points in three consecutive games
- Blake: third game in double figures this season
- MBU: 4-23 from downtown - their worst performance this season
- MBU: 23 turnovers - second-worst mark this season
- Last meeting: Silver Lake beat MBU 77-75 on January 12 of this season
- Series: Silver Lake now leads the series 5-4
- Silver Lake competes in the NAIA DII (Association of Independent Institutions) and in the USCAA
- The Lakers entered this game on a three-game losing streak
- SLC recently picked up a seven-point win at Lincoln Christian University (NCCAA DI, NAIA DII)
The Sabercats will stay home for a 3:00 p.m. matchup with Martain Luther College on Saturday. Follow at mbusabercats.com/composite.