ANKENY, Iowa -- The Sabercats are on a roll, as they notched their third consecutive road win in another NCCAA regional clash this afternoon.
- Result: Maranatha 90-54 Faith Baptist
- Venue: Convocation Center, Faith Baptist Bible College
- Location: Ankeny, Iowa
- Attendance: 241
- Records: MBU (10-8), FBBC (5-12)
The first half was easy for the Sabercats, as they had a laundry list of contributors to the scoring. The most notable items were Book and Wilkerson, who registered 10 points each in the opening 20 minutes. It wasn't just Book and Wilkerson doing the damage, as the Sabercats shot over 50 percent from the floor as a unit in the half. The Sabercats were in a rhythm, and going into halftime, they had a stress-free 43-17 lead.
The scoreline says it all, as the Sabercats' precision made this game relatively anticlimactic. Adam Millican (eight points) and Tyree Bruno (five points, four rebounds) led the efforts from off the bench, as the Sabercats had 13 men contribute to the regional victory in the second act. After 40 minutes in Ankeny, the Sabercats had secured their third straight win and their fourth NCCAA regional win of the season.
MBU Starters: 3-Book, 15-Lerma, 22-Sonnenberg, 23-Wilkerson, 35-Gill // FBBC Starters: 2-Glanzer, 5-Pedersen, 13-Clark, 20-Stinson, 34-Van Beek
"We started off slow, but we really caught fire tonight," said Coach Keith Salscheider. "We have been preaching the ability to go full out for 40 minutes, and we came pretty close to doing that tonight. We were fortunate to catch Faith on a little bit of an off night, but we really moved the ball well . . .and we really created problems for the defense. It was a great step forward for us, and now moving forward, the challenge is playing with the same fire and intensity that we did today."
- Book: 19 points, now has double digits in four of his last five games
- Wilkerson: averaged 18 points over the weekend
- Rebounding: MBU 46-29 FBBC
- MBU: second consecutive game with 90-plus points
- MBU: shot 49.3 percent from the floor - their fourth-best mark this season
- Last year: MBU won 89-44 at Faith
- Series: MBU leads the series 8-1
- Faith competes in the NCCAA and the Midwest Christian College Conference
- The Eagles compete with the Sabercats in the North Region
- Faith Baptist lost in the first round of the 2018 NCCAA North Region Tournament and finished 2-26 on the season
- Faith Baptist is 2-2 in North Region play this season
The Sabercats will return home for a 7:00 p.m. matchup with Silver Lake College on Tuesday. Follow at mbusabercats.com/composite.