- Result: Maranatha 75-88 Great Lakes Christian
- Venue: Doty Center
- Location: Lansing, Mich.
- Attendance: N/A
- Records: MBU (5-5), GLCC (11-7)
The early minutes of the first half saw a back-and-forth battle between the Sabercats of MBU and the Crusaders of Great Lakes. By the 13:37 mark, MBU had a slight lead (15-10), then built the lead (20-13) at 11:31 when Ezekiel Steuerwald hit a free-throw. Great Lakes chipped away, eventually tying the game at 30 with just 5:18 remaining. MBU's Rob Sonnenberg hit a jumper at 3:44 to hold the game at one point (36-37) before Great Lakes responded to end the half with a 47-41 margin.
MBU was held scoreless for the first 3:21 of the second half before Rob Sonnenberg opened the rim with a jumper, trailing the Crusaders 43-54. Great Lakes continued the pressure defense, and pulled away enroute to a 88-75 win, despite a career high 23 points from Stephen Wilkerson.
MBU Starters: 3-Book, 5-Sanders, 22-Sonnenberg, 23-Wilkerson, 35-Gill // GLCC Starters: 4-Russell, 10-Jones, 23-Reed, 24-Green, 34 Seidu
- Rob Sonnenberg double-double (17 points, 10 rebounds)
- Stephen Wilkerson 23 points (Career High)
- Jonathan Book 5 assists, 8 rebounds
- Last year: MBU took a 70-69 overtime win against the Crusaders in Watertown
- Series: Maranatha leads the series 13-2
- GLCC competes in the Mideast Region of the NCCAA DII
- The Crusaders defeated NCCAA North Region members Moody Bible Institute 107-49 on December 1
- Great Lakes opened the year with a 6-0 run against NCCAA DII opponents
The Sabercats continue their stretch of away games with a 6:00 p.m. tip at Lincoln Christian (Illinois) on Thursday. Follow at mbusabercats.com/composite.