- B.S., Biology, Bob Jones University
- M.S., Counseling, Bob Jones University
- M.S., Microbiology, Clemson University
- M.S., Biological Sciences, Clemson University (In Progress)
- Ed.D., Bob Jones University
- 2013-14, Present, Maranatha Baptist University
Dr. Lane Hansel came to Maranatha in 2011 as administrator of Maranatha Baptist Academy, a position he held for nine years. During that time, he also taught courses in the University’s Department of Applied Science and School of Education. Prior to coming to Maranatha, he spent sixteen years teaching an array of science, math, and Bible courses, coaching, and as an Academic Supervisor. Dr. Hansel accepted his new role as Chair of the Department of Applied Science in 2020.