- B.S., Physical Education, Olivet Nazarene University, 1982
- M.A., Physical Education, University of West Florida, 1989
- M.S.E., Health, Human Performance & Recreation, Wisconsin-Whitewater, 2012
- 2004-Present, Maranatha Baptist University
- 2000-04, Gilead Christian Academy | Macon, Ga.
- 1998-2000, Pillsbury Baptist Bible College | Owatonna, Minn.
- 1993-98, Tri-City Christian School | Kansas City, Mo.
- 1987-93, Pensacola Christian College | Pensacola, Fla.
- 1980-87, Grace Baptist Academy | Kankakee, Ill.
Playing Experience - Achievements
- High School: Bradley-Bourbonnais Community HS (Ill.) - All-City Team selection
- College: Maranatha Baptist Bible College, 1978-79 - LMC All-Conference selection (2 years), MVP
"I asked Jesus Christ to come into my life as a seventh grade boy following a Sunday school class. Many years later I committed my life to His glory. I am thankful for the new life in Christ, but also for the blessings of family, health, etc."
Gary Garrison and his wife Janet and have been married since 1987 and have three children: Jason, Jessica, and Jordan.
God has given those involved in athletics a unique gift: to be able to enjoy the game itself but also to glean life lessons that will be so useful to us in future service for Him. There are many carry-over benefits to being involved in sports. The discipline we learn as athletes can be so useful to us in our future lives. I am thankful for the opportunity God has given me to not only do something I love but also be able to relay valuable lessons to tomorrow's leaders. In I Corinthians 9:24, Paul instructs his hearers to “run, that ye may obtain.” The course of life is set before each of us . . . will we be victors?
"I coach at MBU as an opportunity to disciple and encourage young men to become the male leadesr that God intends for them to become in the future. It has been my distinct privilege to have three student body presidents as a part of the MBU baseball team in the past eight years."