- B.A., Pastoral Studies, Maranatha Baptist University, 2012
- M.A., Biblical Studies, Maranatha Baptist Seminary, 2015
- Present: Maranatha Baptist University
- 2013-2015: Assistant Coach – Maranatha Baptist University (Men)
- 2012-Present: Watertown Soccer Club (various ages)
- 2012-Present: Various high school camps and clinics
- USSF National “E” License
Playing Experience - Achievements
- Maranatha Baptist University, 2010-12 - Team Captain, Jamie O'Dell Leadership Award recipient
“I was born into the home of a pastor and was exposed to the gospel from my earliest years. Having prayed a repeated prayer at a young age, I struggled with assurance of salvation for much of my childhood. Finally, in high school, the Holy Spirit convinced me of the sinfulness of my own heart and I repented in faith, trusting in the finished work of Christ for my salvation and a relationship with God. I am thankful for God’s gift of my wonderful family and for patiently drawing me to Himself.”
“I believe my primary job as a coach is to help my players achieve success, granted that success is carefully defined. I ascribe to John Wooden’s definition: “Success is a peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable.”
So my job is to enable and encourage my players to engage in this process of improvement in every situation with my words and actions (1 Corinthians 4:2). Furthermore, because I have the unique privilege of working with Christian athletes, my philosophy is afforded greater specificity: I desire through my coaching for the love of Christ to abound in my players and fellow staff.
Sports give us ample opportunities to evaluate our character, so I want my players to see soccer as an avenue to pursue excellence and ultimately, Christlikeness (1 Corinthians 10:31, Ephesians 4:15-16).
"I coach at MBU because I love soccer, I love helping players develop, and I love using these opportunities to share the gospel. So MBU is a great fit!"