- M.S., Curriculum and Instruction in Physical Education, Health, and Coaching, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- B.S., Maranatha Baptist University
After graduating from Maranatha, Ann Bolton taught fourth grade for three years at Indiana Christian Academy in Anderson, Indiana. She then returned to Maranatha to work as the athletic secretary for four years before teaching at Bill Rice Christian Academy in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. The year 2000 brought Ann Bolton back to Maranatha as Assistant Athletic Director, teacher, and coach.
In her position, Bolton is absolutely essential to the success of the Athletics Department, as she manages the unnoticed details that keep the department running. Bolton's job includes:
- Acting as Business Manager for the Department
- Arranging team travel and meal arrangements
- Managing the departmental budget and purchasing
- Tracking fundraising efforts
- Coordinating team purchasing with head coaches
- Managing departmental policy
- Coordinating the department's DAPs and ODR
- Coordinating and evaluating department assessment
- Ensuring compliance with NCAA, NCCAA, and Conference rules
- Scheduling the mascot and overseeing mascot upkeep
- Serving as Senior Woman Administrator
- Assuming the responsibilities of the Athletic Director in his/her absence
- Advising the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Coordinating and secretarial work for Athletic Committee Meetings and Coaches' Meetings
- Serving as On-Call Event Manager
- Supervising of Concessions Workers
Bolton wears many different hats, and also serves as an Assistant Professor at Maranatha and Teaches Nutrition, Sign Language, and Academy PE.
In some of her spare time, Bolton is also the Assistant Coach for Maranatha Baptist Academy Volleyball and Girls' Basketball
Outside the Office...
Outside the office, Bolton spends time teaching, coaching, crafting and planning weddings. For fun, she volunteers at various camps, dabbles in macro photography and goes kayaking. She often shares breakfast with her cockatiel, Stormy.