Maranatha Athletic Hall of Fame
This award is designed to honor an athlete or Athletic Department personnel who has made significant contribution to the Maranatha athletic program as well as the Lord’s work.
- Maranatha graduate or coach/athletic personnel.
- Twenty or more years since graduation from Maranatha or ten years minimum as a coach or athletic personnel for Maranatha.
- Significant support to Maranatha through promotion of the institution, recruitment of students, prayer or financial support.
- Significant involvement in leadership in his/her fundamental, independent Baptist Church or the cause of Christ in general.
- Faithful testimony in his/her chosen career.
- Faithful family testimony.
- Significant athletic performances or contribution such as team captain, leading scorer, stat leader, conference recognition or career highs.
- Testimony and involvement (leader on campus, extracurricular activities besides athletics, ministry involvement) while in college.
The selection committee will be made up of the Alumni Director, Alumni President, AD and/or Assistant AD, a representative from the Athletic Committee and the Dean of Students. At least one member of the committee shall be a female.
- Alumni will be able to turn in nominations to the committee between August and January. Forms will be available on the website and can be made available at the Alumni Banquet. Alumni Office will also promote nominations in their newsletter.
- The committee will have from January to May to review the nominations and make a selection. The committee will then give a recommendation to the athletic committee. If the athletic committee approves the nominees, the selection will be sent to the Administrative Cabinet for final approval.
- From May to July, work will be done on the program, awards, etc. The SI Events manager and the Alumni director are responsible to collect information about the inductee’s accomplishments.
- Induction will take place during the annual Alumni Banquet.
- Alumni Hall of Fame recipient(s) and Alumnus of the Year will alternate awards, unless otherwise agreed upon between the Alumni Director and the Athletic Director.
- After the first year, 1 – 2 inductions may be done every other year at the recommendation of the nomination committee.
- The Athletic Director will be responsible to contact the recipients and their families.