WATERTOWN, Wis. -- After ending their first varsity season on a high note, Coach Torey Rosen and the Sabercats have their sights fixed on a new NCCAA Championship and a new season ahead.
KEY TALKING POINTS
- The NCCAA has announced an Invitational Championship for Men's Volleyball, which will take place at Trinity Christian College (Palos Heights, Illinois) January 25-26. MBU has received the #7 seed for the tournament.
- Of the 11 student-athletes on the squad, only six are returners.
- The Sabercats will open the season at home tomorrow night, facing St. Xavier (NAIA) at 7:00 p.m.
- MBU will have nine matches at home, including five consecutive home matches in March.
- Maranatha will travel to Concordia-Wisconsin on February 1. MBU took down CUW two times on the road last season.
- 1.18 / vs St. Xavier / 7:00 p.m. / Season-Opener
- NCCAA Invitational
- 1.25 / #2 Campbellsville (NCCAA I, NAIA) / 4:00 p.m.
- 1.25 / #3 Trinity Christian (NCCAA I, NAIA) / 8:00 p.m.
- 1.26 / #6 Bluefield (NCCAA I, NAIA) / 11:00 a.m.
- 1.26 / TBD / TBD
- 2.1 / at Concordia-Wisconsin / 7:00 p.m.
THE SOUND BITE
We at mbusabercats.com heard from Coach Torey Rosen as the new season approaches:
On season goals: "We want the program and the players to continue to take steps forward. After returning only six of the 13 players from last year, we have quite a bit of work to continue the progress made last year. The group we have shows potential in taking those steps throughout the season.
"Also, our season's theme is Accountability. We want to grow together as a team and create a culture on our team that is close-knit and building each other up."
On season challenges: "Only a couple of those returners had significant game experience [last season], but several of them have been learning and growing with the program since the club days. So, they have the drive and determination to see their efforts come full circle as they earn more playing time this season."
On the student-athletes' mindsets: "The returning players know what kind of road we have ahead of us. We have talked about using every opportunity to learn no matter the outcome and keeping a positive mindset of working together and moving the program forward."
HOW TO FOLLOW
- For the best up-to-date schedule and gameday information including live video, live stats, and directions, visit mbusabercats.com/composite or visit the team schedule page by clicking HERE
- For in-game updates, follow the Sabercats on Twitter (@MBUSabercats)
- For the latest team news, visit the team page by clicking HERE