Looking to improve on your dribbling or how to position yourself to set up the extra pass for a goal? Come to our Sabercats Girls Soccer Camp, which will take place in conjunction with the boys camp running Monday through Friday! You will learn the necessary skills to be a smart and skilled player and a committed, faithful Christian.
Campers must be at least 12 years old in order to stay in the dorms on campus.
Registration and Payment
- **CLICK HERE TO REGISTER** (Campers)
- **CLICK HERE TO REGISTER** (Coaches)
- **CLICK HERE TO MAKE A PAYMENT** (using our secure server)
- Campers: $275 on or before July 1 ($295 after July 1) ** We will refund you entirely if we cancel because of COVID-19
- Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50
Room and Board
- All camps are overnight camps
- Campers will sleep in the MBU dormitories and will be supervised 24/7 by on-campus counselors
- All meals will be taken in the MBU Dining Complex
- Campers must be at least 12 years old in order to stay overnight on campus
Arrival and Departure Information
- Check-in: Monday, July 20, from 3-5 p.m. in the main gym lobby
- Check-out: Friday, July 24, with lunch at 11:30 a.m.
Jeff Pill has spent the majority of his coaching career working with youth in the U.S. National Team’s soccer program. He also helped coach the 1996 U.S. women’s Olympic team. Other instructors will include current and former Maranatha team members as well as guest coaches.
Under Pill, the 2014 Sabercats won the NCCAA DII National Championship.
- Team Discount: ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff who are going into 8th grade in the upcoming fall (or younger) receive a 50% discount
Points of Emphasis
- Daily Bible challenges and spiritual growth
- Exposure to appropriate instruction that allows for optimum development opportunities
- Exposure to individualized training environments that allow players to claim responsibility for their own development and enhance progress after they leave camp
- Sound technical development
- Application of technique to tactical problem solving
- Group and team concepts on the field of play
- Self-motivation and group cohesion strategies
- Friendly environment that emphasizes fair play and enjoyment
- Exposure to the training environments and standards enjoyed by Maranatha students on a daily basis
What to Bring
- Sunscreen and water bottle
- Soccer ball
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Bedding and towel
- Bible, notebook, pen, and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
- **All prescription medications must be in their original containers**
- Bring shorts that go to the knee
- Bring warm-up pants.
- No tank-tops or low cut T-shirts. Please dress modestly.
- Please keep swimsuits modest. Bikinis are not allowed due to their revealing nature. Please find swimsuits that have the T-shirt style tops or something to cover the midsection
- Anyone registering after the June 1 deadline is not guaranteed a T-shirt
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes
- Coaches must register online along with the campers
For all summer camps, ALL coaches/sponsors MUST complete an adult registration and background check (Paid camp staff do not need to fill out a registration, but just a background check). Please complete the items below prior to registration.