Join “Coach Mo” and girls from around the country as they hoop it up and improve their skills! Specialized drills will help you become better at shooting, ball-handling, passing, and defense. Our instructors will encourage you to demand the best of yourself, on and off the court. You will be able to compete for awards such as Camper of the week, 3-point shooting, hot-shot, free throws, knockout, and dribbling at MBU’s Girls Basketball camp. Between sessions, enjoy some of the best food available at any college anywhere!
Instruction is not limited to basketball. Campers will experience sessions throughout the day that encourage and instruct them in a biblical relationship with Christ. Our hope is that you will not only walk away with a better understanding of how to pick and roll, but that you would also know the word of God that has the power to change lives.
Campers must be at least 12 years old in order to stay in the dorms on campus.
Registration and Payment
- **CLICK HERE TO REGISTER** (Campers)
- **CLICK HERE TO REGISTER** (Coaches)
- **CLICK HERE TO MAKE A PAYMENT** (using our secure server)
Points of emphasis
- Ball-handling fundamentals
- Individual skills
- Daily team competitions
- Defensive fundamentals (zone and person-to-person) and concepts
- Sportsmanship as a Christian athlete
- Friendly environment conducive to learning the game and growing spiritually
- Daily Bible challenges
Arrival and Departure Information
- Check-in: Monday, June 17, from 3-5 pm.
- Check-out: Lunch on Friday, June 21, at 11:00 am.
Room and Board
- All camps are overnight camps.
- Campers will sleep in the MBU dormitories and will be supervised 24/7 by on-campus counselors.
- All meals will be taken in the MBU Dining Complex.
Campers: $210 on or before June 1 ($230 after June 1). Please note that this camp ends Friday.
Coaches: Coaches are encouraged to attend camp with their teams. The coaches fee for room and board is $50.
- Team Discount: ten or more from the same school or church receive $10 discount each
- Multiple Camp Discount: Campers coming to multiple athletic camps receive a $40 discount- $20 off each camp
- Maranatha Family Discount: Children of Maranatha faculty or staff who are going into 8th grade (or younger) receive a 50% discount
Coach “Mo” has coached for more than 20 seasons as Maranatha’s women’s basketball coach. His teams are perennial participants in the National Christian College Athletic Association national tournament, winning their first NCCAA title in 1999 and making four other appearances to the final four. His team was the 2010 and 2012 National Runner-Up, and they were named 2013 and 2014 NCCAA II National Champions.
What to Bring
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Indoor and outdoor shoes
- Bedding and towel
- Bible, notebook, pen, and pencil
- Cell Phones are permitted but may not be used during activities or after lights out
- **All medications must be in their original containers**
- Bring shorts that go to the knee
- Bring warm-up pants.
- No tank-tops or low cut T-shirts. Please dress modestly.
- Anyone registering after the June 1 deadline is not guaranteed a T-shirt.
- Coaches must register T-shirt sizes.
- Coaches must register online along with the campers.
For all summer camps, ALL coaches/sponsors MUST complete an adult registration and background check (Paid camp staff do not need to fill out a registration, but just a background check). Please complete the items below prior to registration.
Please have all forms filled out prior to Monday of each camp.